Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 6



I had a neat experience this week by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. We went to a family who has been avoiding us every time we make appointments. There car wasn't home so we knew that they weren't home I had a promoting to knock anyway, the door opened up and there was Kenneth. He is the brother living with them. He never hung around when we would give lessons but today he was very talkative and friendly. We found out to our surprise that he is a member and had served a mission in England. We got him to tell us all about his mission. It was great to have him reflect on the times he had the Holy Ghost with him. You could just see it in his eyes as he began to feel it again.
I am now in love with doing family history now that I know how.
There was a monsoon that came there and we took shelter in a member’s home. Her trailer was leaking water and we placed pots and pans all around the house. It was kind fun.
A lot of the missionaries in my district are going home soon :( so we have been taking  a bunch of pictures.
Sister Rubinal and I started running in the mornings.
We went on exchanges to St Michaels this week. That is one of the few places on the reservation that sisters serve. It was a 4 hour drive to get there from Blanding. I got to see my MTC companion Sister Brakall again!!! I love her, she is the best. We decided to be pen-pals for the rest of our missions. I learned how to open and close prayers in Navajo. The dogs on the reservation are not very friendly... That’s another story. Anyway while walking off the dirt roads in St. Michaels I stepped on a patch of grass and a crazy shrill came from it. A rabbit came darting out from under my foot. yes I stepped on a rabbit first time on the reservation. It’s funny now but at the time Brakall and I were on edge because there was some dogs that were following us so it really startled us. On our 4 hour drive home we were hit by a monsoon. We said prayers and were fine :). There was a car accident in Shiprock on our way home so we had to take the back roads. Thanks for writing me. Love you all!

Seeing Sister Breakall again!
Being weird like normal

On the way to the Reservation

Driving through a Monsoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment