Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week 10



I love being a missionary! This has been the best week ever (so far)! I met a new Sister names Sister Archeleta.  She used to work at National Parks before serving. She and I instantly became good friends. She is currently serving at Flora Vista.
                District meeting was really good and I felt ready to take on the world after it was over.  That same day we had a member who came with us to a Sisters home to give her a blessing.  It was a powerful and memorable experience. The power of the priesthood is real and is back on the earth today.  I used to take it for granted and not realize how important it is to have someone in your life that is a worthy Priesthood holder.
                Being on a mission is like a spiritual vacation from the world.  I don’t have to worry about things at home.  I know that I am helping more now than I would at home.
                I had my first Baptism invite this week. It was so amazing.  I felt the spirit so strong. I have never like that before. I was trembling with power as I said the words to invite one of the Sisters we have been teaching to be baptized.  She accepted and will be baptized on August 29th. While we were walking down the street I had a prompting from the Holy Ghost to go to a particular house.  We discovered a partial member family lives there and they want to receive the lessons.
                We met with one of our YSA members. She has a horse ranch and right now is setting several of her horses free to run wild in the canyons for the summer.  She says that they are less likely to get spooked after running wild with the elk and deer and it toughens them up when they cross rivers. We also were able to see the new baby foals.
                We got to help out for the San Juan Pageant. President Adams came to Blanding to watch it. We received special permission to stay with them to watch it.  It was all about the history of the church I Blanding.  We got home at 11:15 p.m. Crazy!  It was worth it though. Not every missionary can say they got to hang out with their mission president after curfew. 
                We had such an incredible lesson on Sunday. One of the investigating Sisters was there and it was exactly what she needed to hear.  I know that God inspires these people to say what they did.
                I can honestly say I love being a Missionary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment