Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 28



The highlight of this week has definitely been Sister K's Baptism! Sister Woods and I are blessed to stay in the small town of Blanding Utah to meet her, teach her and watch her progress all the way to Baptism AHHH!!! I love the feeling you feel when a new member is confirmed. The Spirit is so strong. After Sister K was baptized the Young Single Adults put together a glow in the dark volleyball party in celebration of her baptism. They are all so supportive and because of them she feels welcome in the church.
            For a service project we helped tie ribbons on a chain-link fence in the park that spells out “support our troops” It was a fun community project.
We were asked to speak in the Young Single Adult Sacrament meeting on missionary work. It went really well I guess because several members came up to us asking if they could come with us to teach people the Gospel. It’s been a blessing. The youth have such a fire to do missionary work. 
While knocking on some doors we ran into a wonderful family who has been prepared by the Lord to hear the Gospel. The children are so hungry for knowledge and told us they want to be baptized. Wow! Talk about a miracle. 

Heavenly Father has really been there for me. I know that he has answered my prayers in ways that help me the most. He has given me the words He would like me to say to people I talk to. For example while giving my talk I started saying it would be selfish to keep the joy the Gospel brings into our lives to ourselves. I did not plan on saying that and a lot of people sat up in their seats. I know that is what God needed to tell them and I was just the instrument for him. I’m learning that the Spirit can sometimes be a little spontaneous and I just have to go with it. It’s been a wonderful relying on the spirit and working Mighty miracles.
"Yea, I know that I am nothing: as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." Alma 26;12

Sister K got baptized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment