Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Week 23

     This week we had zone conference in Cortez Colorado.  I love the Spirit that is felt at zone conference.  I learned that I should pray every day for my tongue to be loosed that I might let God speak through me.  I applied this challenge as soon as we got back in our area again.  After doing so my week went really really well. Sister Wood and I made a goal to talk to everyone we see.  I know the Spirit is helping us when we speak to people on the street, because I sat things that are so powerful that I didn't even mean to say.
     One night one of our appointments canceled and we saw a sister member we know working in her yard.  We jumped at the opportunity to help regardless of our skirts.  She wouldn't allow us to help her and get our clothes dirty.  At that moment her daughter came outside to talk, somehow the topic of serving a mission came up.  She said she didn't feel ready for a mission and she didn't know enough about the Gospel. I shared with her that that was exactly what I was worried about. I told her it was the best thing I've ever done in my life.  That the the Lord is there to help through the Spirit. He has helped me so much and he can help her too. She said ok see this line I am crossing it and at that moment decided to committ to going on a mission.  I was so honored to be there when she made this decision.
     Sister R's birthday was this week. She was the sister who showed up at 10 pm with a cake and sang happy birthday on my birthday.  So I had to help Her mom cover her car with sticky notes.  
     We helped make food for a paintball activity in th young single adult branch.  It was tempting to play but it's against the rules. Exact obedience brings miracles. It was still fun watching them play and our investigators who came had a blast. 


Sister R's sticky noted car

No comments:

Post a Comment