Friday, February 12, 2016

Week 35


Well it has been a while since I have been 
able to update my posts. It has been crazy around here and I was transferred to Aztec New Mexico. It was a bitter sweet move after being in Blanding for such a long time. But I will go where the lord needs me to go. So rread on for the latest of my adventures. 

     We got permission to go to Farmington to shop at the local Walmart on Preparation Day. A real Walmart! It was a treat to be able to go there. :) 
     We also got to check out a really neat Wildlife Museum. It was alot bigger than I was expecting. It just keeped going and going. There were so many animals there, some I have never seen before. Apparently its the largest personal collection in the nation. Sweet! I ended up taking a ton of pictures. There were some man eaters there too. They had a Tiger that the villagers had asked this hunter from America to shot. Her name was Limping Tiger. She had an injury that keeped her form being able to hunt. so she would reach into huts pull people out and eat them instead. 
They also had a man eating alligator. He had a bunch necklaces the married tribal women would were in his belly. Yikes!    ​
     We got to split wood this week. That is always fun. 
     We had a Christmas Devotional before Christmas. President and Sister Adams both talked on the true meaning of Christmas. It was supper spiritual and then we ended it off with watching a few videos and slideshows Sister Adams has made to reflect on the year. We got to go home with mission Stockings that have our mission crest on it. 
     For District meeting we all got stockings form our District leader. He hung them up on the wall drew a fireplace with a little crayon fire. :P After District meeting we went caroling. It was really fun! I love all the different reactions we got. Some people would be do happy they cried. or some people would be frightened that there are a bunch of missionaries on there porch. :) 
     On Christmas Eve we ate at a members house. They have a tradition of eating Fondue on Christmas eve. That was my first time eating it and it was actually really good! (and just fun to eat)
Sister Herrera and I sang Christmas Hymns right before bed. and talked that night about times we have seen miracles and blessings in our lives. I truly felt the love my Heavenly Father has for me. It was the best Christmas ever.
     On Christmas morning we opened our presents shortly after morning exercises. 
     I loved Skyping with my family! It really made my day! I wasn't sad because I know I will see them again.

     I got a white Cgristmas


     The stockings a member made us


     Our Christmas tree


     The Wildlife Museum







No comments:

Post a Comment